Our captains have over 20 years of experience with nature trips and offer excellent views of marine wildlife. All our trips are led by marine biologists, most with 10+ years experience, who fully narrate and answer questions during trips. Our whale watching trips are educationally oriented and our biologists collect valuable data on the marine mammals sighted during these trips, including distribution, relative abundance, and behavior of whales and dolphins. We also photo-identify individual whales and dolphins, contributing to assessments of population, residency patterns, and migration or movement patterns.
SCHEDULE AND RATES
There are two seasons for whale watching:
1. Late spring, summer and fall (May 1 to December 16, 2005) for Humpback Whales, Blue Whales and Dolphins.
2. Winter and early spring (December 17, 2005 to April 30, 2006) for Gray Whales and Dolphins.
Summer and Fall Whale Watch -
May through mid-December
Humpback Whales, Blue Whales, Dolphins, Killer Whales
• 4 to 5 hour trips every day except Thanksgiving
• Departing at 9 a.m. and returning between 1 and 2 p.m.
• Cost for morning trips: Adults $41, children 12 and under $33, children 3 and under free
• Morning trips are scheduled every day from May 1 through December 16, 2005 except for Thanksgiving Day.
• 3 to 4 hour afternoon trips every day from May 1 to Oct. 31 and weekends from Nov. 1 to Dec. 16.
• Trips depart at 2 p.m. and return between 5 and 6 p.m.
• Cost for afternoon trips: Adults $32, children 12 and under $23, children 3 and under free
See schedule on the website for exact dates of trips and availability of spaces on the trips.
Winter and Spring Whale Watch -
December 17 through April 30
Gray Whales, Dolphins, Killer Whales
• 3 hour trips
• Junior Marine Biologist for children
• Cost: Adults $28, Children 12 and under $18, Children 3 and under free
• Trips start December 17, 2005 and run through April 30, 2006.
• Daily trips, 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. 7 a.m. breakfast trips on weekends and holidays. There are no trips on Christmas day (December 25).
See schedule on the website for exact dates and times and availability of spaces on trips.